With the Lenten season upon us, many parishes are offering special meals, including the ever popular fish fry dinner.
Cleveland 19 has compiled a list of where you can find a fish meal this Lent. We are updating this list as we go, so if you don’t see your favorite location yet, check back. If you’d like to add a fish fry location to our list, send an email HERE and let us know.
- The Best Fish Fry in Akron on Fridays Feb. 23, March 9 and March 23 from 5 – 7 p.m. Your choice of ONE: fried fish, baked cod, baked chicken breast, or nine fried shrimp (shrimp is $1.00 extra). Your choice of ONE: baked potato, steak fries, or mac & cheese. Your choice of coleslaw or apple sauce. Included (one per person): hush puppy, roll with butter, assorted desserts, and beverages (unlimited refills). The price is $9 for adults, $5 for children (3-12), FREE to University of Akron students with current ID. Tickets can be purchased through the church office or at the door. Carry out is available.
- 263 E. Mill Street
- Fish Fry, Friday Feb. 20, French Fries, Salad Bar, Dessert, Pop, Coffee, $12.95 + tax, 4:30 – 8:30 p.m., Carry out Available
- 31972 Walker Road, Avon Lake, Oh 44012
- Assumption’s Fantastic Friday “fish fry”, Feb. 16 – March 23 from 4 – 7 p.m. $12 – $5.
- Cod, crab cakes, shrimp, pierogis, etc. Take out is available.
- 9183 Broadview Rd., Broadview Hts. 44147
- (440) 546-9552
- Fish Fries: Friday, February 16, 23, March 2, 9, 16. Dine-in or Carry-out. $6 – $12 4:30 – 7 p.m.
- Walleye, Cod, Shrimp dinners w/cole slaw and hand-cut french fries or cabbage and noodles. Pierogi dinner w/applesauce. Cabbage and Noodles dinner. All dinners include bread/butter, dessert, coffee or tea.
- 4470 Ridge Rd, Brooklyn, OH 44144
- The fish fry will run from 4:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. for those wishing to dine-in. It’s in the church hall every week. There will be specials each week. They are as follows:
- Weekly Friday Specials:
- Feb. 16 (Shrimp Platter – $12)
- Feb. 23 (Fisherman’s Platter – $12)
- March 2 (Shrimp Platter – $12)
- March 9 (Fisherman’s Platter – $12)
- March 16 (Cabbage & Noodles – $8)
- March 23 (Chef’s Special – $TBD)
Adult Meal prices range from $7.50 – $9.00. Fried fish, baked fish, and macaroni & cheese dinners are available each week in addition to the weekly specials. All adult meals come with any 2 sides: fries, mac & cheese, cole slaw, perogies, vegetables, or fruit. In addition, children ages 3-10 receive a main dish and side dish for $6.00. Anyone wishing to place a carry-out order should call 330-273-5500. Carry out closes at 6:30 p.m. weekly.
- Fish Fry Fridays February 16, 23 March 2,9,16 and 23rd. Serving Times 5 -7:30 p.m. $12 – $7. Featuring: fried Lake Erie perch, beer battered Cod, Shrimp, baked Lemon pepper Cod, Salmon and Pierogi. All dinners include French Fries or Baked Potato or Mac-n-cheese with vegetable, cole slaw, roll & butter, dessert and drink. (Takeout orders are available)
- 18205 Chillicothe Rd., Chagrin Falls 44023
- Every Friday from Feb. 16 through Mar. 30 from 5 – 8 p.m. for $10. Home-style Lenten fish fries in Cleveland’s historic Tremont neighborhood. Dinners include Beer Battered Fried Whitefish with french fries, coleslaw, & hush puppies and Baked Atlantic Cod with rice, mixed vegetables, & dinner roll. Homemade mac & cheese, homemade clam chowder, pierogies, fish tacos, drinks and desserts will also be available.
- All proceeds will support the ministries of the church and its community.
- 2187 W. 14th Street Cleveland, OH 44113
- Fish fry every Friday during Lent, Feb. 16 through Mar. 23 from 4 – 7 p.m. Dinners: $10.00 Adults, $7.00 Seniors; $5.00 Children
- Choice of fried beer battered halibut; baked tilapia or fried shrimp. Choice of sides: french fries, pierogi, cabbage and noodles, apple sauce, coleslaw. Desserts available. Dine in or carry-out
- Located at the St. Mary Crystal Chalet, 3600 Biddulph Ave.
- (216) 749-7980
- Fish Friday, Fridays, Feb. 16 through Mar. 23 from 4:30 – 7 p.m. in Lux Hall. Dinner selections include baked seasoned fish, fried fish, shrimp, and pierogies as well as a combo dinner. Dinners include main entrée, choice of fries or baked potato, coleslaw or applesauce, roll and butter. Also available are fish sandwich platters, fish tacos, kids meals and a la carte items including macaroni & cheese, pizza, cabbage & noodles, and dessert.
- 4900 Broadview Road, Cleveland (just north of I-480)
- (216) 661-1006
- Fish Fry begins Friday, Feb. 16 – Mar. 30. Hours: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- 3256 Warren Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44111
- St. Mark will hold a Fish Fry on three Fridays during Lent. Feb. 16, Feb. 23 and Mar. 2 from 5- 7 p.m.
- Baked Tilapia Fillets $10 Yuengling Battered Haddock $11 Shrimp $10 Grouper Nuggets $10 Pierogi $8 Macaroni & Cheese $7 Dinners include Roll/Butter, Beverage & Cookies Choice of 2 Sides: Pub Fries, Pierogi, Mac & Cheese, Hush Puppies, Green Beans, Cole Slaw (Carry-Out available.)
- St. Mark Church, 15800 Montrose Ave., Cleveland, OH 216-226-7577
- Fish Friday, Fridays, Feb. 16 – Mar. 23, 4:30 – 7 p.m. in the Parish Center Cafeteria.
- 4423 Pearl Road, Cleveland, 1-216-749-2323
- The Gospel Choir of Lee Memorial is sponsoring its 3rd Annual Lenten Fish Fry Friday, Feb. 16 through Mar. 2. The donations is $10.
- Meal includes Perch or Catfish, Spaghetti, Cole Slaw, bread and cake.
- 861 East 105, Cleveland. 216-622-5354.
- Fish Fry begins Friday, Feb.16 and runs through Mar. 23, from 5-8 p.m. We plan to offer our all-you-can-eat Whitefish dinners, Baked and Fried Walleye, Fantail Shrimp, New England Clam Chowder, Mac & Cheese, Salad, Fries, Cole Slaw, Authentic homemade Greek Desserts, Rice Pudding and more! Eat in or carry out. (FISH FRY HELP NEEDED AS WELL!)
- 3352 Mayfield Road, Cleveland Hts., OH 44118
- Fish Fry begins Feb. 16 – March 23
- 9925 Johnnycake Ridge Rd, Mentor, OH 44060, in the school MPR and Gym. Hours: 5 – 7:30 p.m. This wonderful Fish Fry offers dine-in, all you can eat for Adults: $14; Children (ages 6-12): $6.00; and children 5 and under eat free! The menu includes delicious baked and battered cod, breaded shrimp, homemade seafood chowder, and other kid-friendly fare such as macaroni and cheese, pizza, pasta, with a variety of delicious side dishes and desserts. There is also a carry-out menu and an a la carte menu.
- Fish Fry begins Feb. 14 – March 23. Cost is $8.50 for adults, $4.25 for children.
- Dinner includes two pieces of fish (battered or light butter sauce), choice of french fries or hash browns, pasta fagioli (bean soup), apple sauce or coleslaw, and bread and butter, coffee or hot tea. All fish and potatoes are baked.
- 21281 Chardon Rd Euclid, OH 44117
- Lenten Fish Fry, Hours: 5 – 7:30 p.m. Serving Feb. 16, Feb. 23, March 2, March 9, March 16 and March 23
- 4750 Turney Road, Garfield Heights, Ohio 44125 (EAT IN or TAKE OUT)
- Activity Center (off Dorothy Ave)
- Fish Fry’s every Friday in Lent (Served in school cafeteria) 4 – 7 p.m.
- 13623 Rockside Rd., Garfield Heights, Ohio
- Fish Fry begins Feb. 16 – Mar. 23 from 5 – 7 p.m. Available will be lake perch, shrimp, pierogi’s, fries, coleslaw, applesauce, macaroni and cheese, and homemade pies are all available. Dinners start at $11, Seniors $10. Take outs available.
- 708 Erie St. Grafton, OH 44044
- Fish Fry, Feb. 16, Feb. 23, March 2, March 9, March 16 and March 23 from 4 – 7 p.m. Cost is $9.00 for Adults, $4.50 for Children.
- Cod baked or fried, fried shrimp, fish / shrimp combo, and pierogi. All meals include beverage, roll and butter, fried or baked potato, coleslaw or applesauce. Desserts are also available.
- 6912 Chestnut Rd Independence, OH 44131. (216) 702-5024
- Fabulous Friday Fish Fry, Feb 16 thru March 23 from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. The cost is $8.00 for Adults (double entree $12.00) and $4.00 for Kids.
- The menu includes delicious baked cod or flounder, fried shrimp, pirogi plus roll & butter. Sides include applesauce or cole slaw & potatoes or mac & cheese. Homemade clam chowder, pizza, dessert & pop are also available. Free coffee. Takeout service also available.
- 17514 Detroit Rd., Lakewood, OH 44107
- (216) 221-3567
- Annual Lenten Fish Fry Fundraiser, every Friday Feb 16 thru March 23.
- Lakewood Masonic Building, 15300 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio
- All-American Fish Fry Fundraiser on Feb. 16, 23, Mar. 2, 9, 16 and 23 from 5-7 p.m. Meals cost $7 – $14.
- Dinners feature fried Alaskan cod, parmesan-encrusted tilapia, crispy battered fried shrimp, Lake Erie perch and pierogies. Meals include two sides and roll and butter. Choice of sides include pierogis, homemade cabbage and noodles, macaroni and cheese, french fries, coleslaw and applesauce. Other options include pasta dinner with salad, clam chowder, shrimp cocktail and dessert. Senior discounts and kid’s meals are available. Carry-out is an option. Proceeds benefit Boy Scout Troop 433.
- Fish Fry Feb. 16, Feb. 23, March 2, March 9, March 16 and March 23 from 5 – 7:30 p.m.
- This wonderful Fish Fry offers dine-in, all you can eat for Adults: $14; Children (ages 6-12): $6; and children 5 and under eat free! The menu includes delicious baked and battered cod, breaded shrimp, homemade seafood chowder, and other kid-friendly fare such as macaroni and cheese, pizza, pasta, with a variety of delicious side dishes and desserts. There is also a carry-out menu and an a la carte menu.
- 9925 Johnnycake Ridge Rd., Mentor, OH 44060
- Every Friday during Lent from 4-8 pm
- All tips will support various local organizations for providing hostess and waitressing service each Friday
- Fried cod, French fries, coleslaw or mac and cheese, shrimp dinner also available, as well as pierogies and assorted baked goods
- Take-out orders available
- March 2- Tips benefit the Multiple Sclerosis Society, March 9 – Tips benefit St. Brendan School, March 30 – Tips benefit the Bretton Ridge Women’s Club.
- All You Can Eat! Fish Fry Fridays February 16 and 23, March 2, 9, 16, 23. 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. $13 adults, $11 seniors, $6 children. Menu: Fish, pierogies, french fries, cabbage & noodles, mac & cheese, apple sauce, cole slaw, roll, coffee, punch (Takeout available, Adults $10.00 & Child $5.00 *Enter through Glass Doors of Church for takeout)
- 3434 George Ave Parma, OH 44134, 440-884-2319
- Fish fry Feb. 16 thru March 30, time 4-9 p.m. Cost: $8 – $10.
- All dinners include: beverage, bakery, your choice of coleslaw or applesauce. Homemade perogies or deep fried perogies, french fries, beer battered or baked fish, shrimp and other items
- Dine-in or carry-out available.
- 7425 Pleasant Valley Rd., Parma 44130
- Friday Feb. 16 and 23, March 2, 9, 16 and 23 from 5 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Dinner prices from $8.75 to $11.50.
- All dinners include: beverage, bread, bakery and your choice of coleslaw or applesauce. Homemade pierogis, cabbage and noodles, potato pancakes, beer-battered fish and other items.
- Dine-in or carry-out available.
- 7700 Hoertz Road, Parma
- Fish fry the first five Fridays of Lent: Feb. 16, 23 and March 2, 9 and 16. Doors open at 4:45 p.m. and the last seating is at 6:45 p.m.
- Battered or baked fish, battered chicken, breaded shrimp, shrimp scampi and macaroni and cheese. Sides offered include french fries, baked potatoes, rice pilaf, macaroni and cheese, cole slaw, green beans and applesauce. Adult Dinners start at $8.
- 25200 Lorain Road, North Olmsted, OH 44070
- Classic Fish Fry: Feb. 16, 23; March 2, 16, and 23 from 4 -7 p.m.
- Beer battered cod, two sides, bread and beverage, $8.00. Also featuring hand-breaded perch, baked cod, breaded shrimp, pierogies, cabbage and noodles, fish tacos, homemade soup, pizza, macaroni & cheese, coleslaw, fries, and fresh baked pies for dessert. All dinners include choice of two sides, bread and beverage. NEW fish taco platter, $5! Dine in or carry-out.
- Dinner is served in the Thompson Family Hall
- St. Albert the Great Parish, 6667 Wallings Road, North Royalton, OH, 440-237-6760
- Polish Buffet “All You Can Eat” at the Kent Elks from 5 – 9 p.m. for $12. Children 12 and under $6.
- Fridays during Lent: February 16, 23. March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- The Polish Buffet features: 3 varieties of handmade pierogi, cabbage-n-noodles, potato pancakes, kielbasa and kraut, salad bar and more. Take out menu available.
- 2265 Erie St, Ravenna, OH 44266
- Lenten Fish Fry, Feb. 16, 23. Mar. 2, 9, 16, 23. Adults $12, Children $6.
- 3455 Norwood Rd. Shaker Heights, OH
- Fish Fry, February 16, 23. March 2, 9, 16, 23. $6.50 – $8.50
- 3179 Kent Rd Stow, OH 44224
- Lenten dinners will be served Fridays February 16 thru March 23. Carryout or dining-room service is from 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm. Dinners with coffee/tea and sides: fried or baked cod $9.00; fried shrimp $11.00; cod/shrimp combo $11.00; pierogies, pizza or Mac-n-cheese $6.00; also children’s dinner $5.00. Other sides: one piece baked fish $4.00; two pieces fried fish $4,00; one slice cheese pizza $2.00; all other sides $2.00.Other beverages, and desserts available.
- 1800 Steese Rd., Uniontown, OH 44685
- (330) 896-2345
Copyright 2018 WOIO. All rights reserved.