Trial is set to begin Tuesday for Nate Holley, the Kent State University football player accused of kidnapping after a Nov. 3 incident with a female student in Franklin Township.

Holley, a senior at KSU, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment in November. He was released with a GPS device on a $50,000 bond to the Oriana House, an alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center, and ordered to have no contact with the victim.

A judge ruled at Holley’s supplemental indictment earlier this month that he would be allowed to leave the state to train for the NFL Combine. At the supplemental indictment, prosecutors said that Holley had contacted the victim via text and Snapchat despite the no contact order. They noted that the victim was scared of what would happen if she didn’t respond to Holley.

Holley was the safety on the team and boasts 401 career tackles. He was an two-time All-MAC first team selection the last two seasons. Kent State said in a statement that they are aware of the incident and that Holley has been suspended from the team indefinitely.

Download the Cleveland 19 News app

Copyright 2017 WOIO. All rights reserved.